What do sales people typically do?
Long-term relationships are key for us to become a trusted advisor and increase our sales performance. However, the majority of sales people do not build trusted relationships with their clients. They only centre upon social relationships without showing a true interest in the client beyond the mere business transaction.
This approach MUST change if we wish to be successful in today’s business scenarios.
Why is building long-term relationships so important?
Well, the only way to have strong and loyal clients is by building good, long-term relationships with them, which in turn provide better business results. These relationships are also important because they enable us to:
- Avoid short-sighted sales and transactions.
- Build long-term thinking.
- Become a trusted advisor.
- Create ideas and originate big opportunities.
- Classify opportunities better.
- Create successful winning strategies.
- Shape the deal to bid and win.
- Create and shape the next opportunity.
How can we achieve this kind of relationship?
The building of long-term relationships is a recurrent and iterative process that consists of:
- Holding meetings, and
You can find more information on this here